Monday 4 August 2008

All chaos transforms into one peaceful, growing, mature class..

First things first. I don't really think that what is going on now is chaos, it's more like healthy debate n discussion. One that shows that we are growing up and becoming mature people,who speak their minds diplomatically and logically. I chose the word 'chaos' as it seems to rhyme better. That said.

Today, Kien Hoong announced that Lup Yeng was unhappy about the responses regarding his equality between male-female post (pardon me if I'm mistaken). Truth is that there is never an equilibrium point. Guys are better at some things and girls better at others. This is how the world revolves and it will continue to do so... We should respect and honour each other,regardless of gender.

As Lup Yeng himself admitted, when u post something up to public, in this case his controversial post about equality between female-male, u have to prepare n brace for opinion, criticism and disagreement. This is where our crappy moral comes into picture. 'Sikap keterbukaan', 'bersedia memberi dan menerima pandangan,pembaharuan dan kritikan'. You admitted u know it will raise a lot of responses. However, based on what Kien Hoong said about ur unhappiness, I've got to say that you are not prepared to accept criticism.

A public forum or blog is meant for the public. What u said can be read by anybody, thus having a response is normal n expected. People post on blogs so that his/her post will gather comments and he/she will learn of what others think. Accept criticism, be open-minded, don't be offended or unhappy and if u r offended, forget it and move on. Being criticised is part of our life. We have to face it forever as no one is perfect.

On a different note, I have to agree with Ing Ching, Jonathan and Tjia Hwei. I know you guys are smart people and good people. You don't like chinese. You don't like our Malaysian education system or CHS education system that forces SJKC people to take chinese. You think it's a failed system. Heck,you might even dislike our teachers. But please, give them some respect. Don't retort them. Don't contradict them. Don't use their lessons to disappear. Show some remorse (that is true and not a pretentious one, mind you) when they reprimand you. We are old enough to know how we should behave when facing an unfavoured situation.

Lastly, I apologise to anyone who thinks what I wrote is wrong, offensive n crappy. As I've said, this a blog. It's people's opinion. And yes, thanks to all who show their concern regarding my injury and have helped me throughout this period.

Khai Ling

5 comments:

blindnotdeath said...

顺我者生,逆我者亡!

James B. Yap said...

I kind of edited your post. Sorry. I just wanted to remove most if not all of the grammatical errors and correct some spelling mistakes. If you want to scold me, go ahead.

... said...

的确,有些同学或许性格上有些差异...
有时候,一些事情是改变不了的,只能做到的,就只有减少之间的碰撞...

不过,看了您的文章,自己也少有感触...

谢谢...

SharonC said...

Oh,James.No prob.Thanks for that too.I actually wanted to edit it after I posted it.I didn't check when I'm witing it.Finish writing then straight away post.It's when I read on the blog only I realise my mistakes.But at that time,I couldn't find the edit button.

blindnotdeath said...

I hope you can remove or modify this because I had removed my post!