Wednesday 10 December 2008

Our Last Voyage

As we filed out of the bus, I could not help but feel a torrent of nostalgia flood my soul. As memories of my high school years flashed before my eyes, the longing to spend more time with my friends grew more and more. As if the little stone within me grew to a boulder within the blink of an eye. Little did I know that I would not be able to.

As we part and walk our separate ways, some of us may meet, some of us may not see each other for the rest of our normal lives. We look down our separate paths and notice that we are not holding each other's hands but walking on our own, braving the merciless weather, alone... We walk our separate paths, hoping that we will meet each other along the way. We put aside our animosities and hatred to bridge the gap between us.

-------------------------------------

"Our Last Voyage" as I have titled this post, refers to our last journey together, to the land of the eagles. The thought of not seeing each other again pushed us forward and gave us courage that we never thought we had. We bridged the gap, hoping that this moment would never end. Whether it was sharing a burger at midnight or a bottle of *******; whether it was watching Arsenal beat Wigan or strolling on the beach, reminiscing those distant memories, we drew closer to each other.

And as the minute hand on our watches showed that this journey was about to end, a veil of sadness fell upon us and we just sat there in those last moments, sitting and spending precious time with our friends.

I will always remember our fun in the sea, spending time with my friends watching football and enjoying a local Ramli burger. I will remember playing that game of football and also trying so hard to push Lup Yeng up the Banana Boat. In class, I will remember those times we had to endure under the military regime of Pn Wong or the kind and patient Mr Tee. I will remember the name cards that Mr Chan made us do and eventually he turned into the English teacher we all loved.

As my parting words, I wish to apologise from deepest depths of my icy cold heart for any people I hurt. I often come across as a stuck up bast*rd and I realise that. I often don't share the same opinion and don't know when to shut my big mouth. I'm sorry. I would like to spend more time with you guys to make up for lost time but I now know that it is impossible. Again I say, I'm truly, truly sorry. Hope we can keep in touch and meet up one day. 10 years down the road, we must have a reunion.

-----------------------------------

On a serious note, I need suggestions on how to solve the picture problem. I do have some pictures but not all. I wish to propose that someone collect all pictures from everybody. I do realise that some pictures from the class trip are personal but for those which can be shared, please do so because there were many people who didn't have cameras that day. If someone can collect all the pictures and find a way to distribute them then everybody would be happy. So I need suggestions on how to collect and how to distribute the pictures.

There is another thing that Juliana and I are trying to formulate which is a time capsule. For those who don't know what it is it's basically a container that stores an item, whether valuable or not but important to the person at that moment in time. A few years or decades down the road, the people who buried the contained in the ground dig it up and take the items. The ultimate goal is to bring us together one day and relive those memories that we once shared as a class. Please leave your comments on this idea and suggestions on how to carry it out. I do hope that this comes true.

Pope Baldie

3 comments:

Someone said...

I can help u if you want. You just have to ask.

The Red Devils said...

I can help u goin house by house or meet up in certain place n collect the photos. and then u will do the computer job.

The Red Devils said...
This comment has been removed by the author.